Today’s Friday Five topic is all about what we were doing 10 years ago.
Ten years is a long time, and a lot of who I was pales in comparison to what I’ve become today.
So let’s see about this, shall we?
- I was 26 years old, visibly out of shape, void of any athletic attributes.
- I was working 50+ hours a week as a restaurant manager, living in an apartment in Orlando, FL with two roommates.
- I was NOT living a healthy lifestyle. I was drinking heavily (4+ drinks a night on average – beer, whiskey and tequila mostly), smoking cigarettes and I didn’t exercise regularly. I skipped breakfast regularly, drank 1 – 2 Starbucks coffees a day, and ate in my restaurant, sometimes twice a day. (Note: Restaurant food heavily relies on butter and oils for flavor). My typical bedtime was 2:30 am
- The only running I did was purely for cardio and weight loss. I don’t even remember what kind of shoes I wore, probably generic Nikes. The most I ran was on the treadmill at the gym for an hour.
- I knew very little about health & fitness other than what I had skimmed through inside the pages of Cosmopolitan magazine.
Now just for fun, let’s see the comparison with today.
- I’m 36 years old, physically active with a visible athletic build. (Roughly the same weight as 10 years ago, but after TWO babies-and I’m still losing pregnancy weight from #2)
- I am a SAHM, living in Tampa, FL with my husband and our two kids in our 4 bedroom house.
- I live a mostly healthy lifestyle (80/20 rule). I eat breakfast every day, I include nutrient rich shakeology as a supplement, I drink occasionally (I have a refined wino’s pallet), quit smoking, and I exercise almost daily. My usual bedtime is 10:30 pm
- I run for fun! I despise the treadmill, and I will attempt my first marathon this fall. I’m also a chapter leader for Moms Run This Town
- I’m a certified spin instructor, group fitness instructor and PT. (although not currently working)
I’d say times have changed quite a bit. What do you think?
What do you think is your biggest change from 10 years ago?