This Blog is still pretty new. I’m enjoying it so far and I’m doing my best to post as much as possible. I realize the majority of my audience at this point is my close friends and family (thanks for the support mom), but I’m starting to notice a few newcomers here and there. So I got a little creative with a few random facts about me to help you understand just who I am and where I’ve come from. My husband helped me come up with some of this stuff too. He really knows me best.
So here’s a list of things you probably didn’t (and maybe don’t want to) know about me.
- I sweat from my knees. (I bet you didn’t want to know that one.)
- I am a born Floridian. Born and raised in Tampa, I moved to Orlando for 7 years during my twenties, then returned to my hometown, where I live now.
- I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
- I’ve seen the Dave Matthews Band perform live over 17 times. I’ve actually lost count over the years, but I know it’s over 17 because that’s how many I can actually remember.
- I played softball in high school and in college. I was a shortstop. I quit when my college coach tried to convert me to a first baseman. I don’t regret that decision at all.
- I own entirely too many purses, shoes and articles of clothing. Waayyyy too much. It’s borderline hoarding. j/k
- I used to box. I was undefeated until my very last match. I ended my career with a 17-1-0 record.
- I am a career bartender(I’ve struggled to admit that before). I managed a restaurant for several years in Orlando before returning to slinging drinks. I enjoy the freedom and the flexibility that bartending provides me…. and the money is pretty good too.
- I am a Mad Dog certified Spin Instructor and Gravity Instructor. After having my daughter I decided to take some time off. I will resume teaching one day, but for now I prefer my time at home with her.
- I met my husband while playing co-ed softball. We played on a social league. After seeing me play the first week, he arranged to be placed on my team. He was impressed with my athletic skills (that’s what he says), and I thought he was HOT! We still play co-ed softball on Friday nights together.
- I went through a slight piercing phase in my twenties.
- I was on MTV’s Say What Karaoke when I was in college. Me and my roommate/best friend auditioned while on Spring Break in Cancun, Mexico and we made it onto the show. We sang “One Week” by The Barenaked Ladies.
- My hair has been dyed every color, Red, Blonde, Brown, Black. I’m currently growing out my natural color, so this is the closest I’ve been to my real color in over a decade.
- I am a slight adrenaline junkie. I’ve been skydiving four times and bungie jumping twice. One day, I’d like to swim with Great Whites – protected by a cage, of course.
- I would like to complete a 200 hr yoga teacher training program.
- I am a Christian.
- I have never ridden a horse.
- I have ridden an elephant.
- I had to wear braces twice. I didn’t wear my retainer properly the first time around so I had to do it all over again a second time.
- My favorite ice cream is Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia. (I would eat an entire pint in one sitting while pregnant.)
- I hog the TV remote.
- I had lasik surgery when I was 26.
- I am constantly tapping my toes. Mostly, it’s to a beat but sometimes it’s just randomness. My husband says I do it in my sleep (a slight over exaggeration).
- I could easily win first prize in a belching contest. Seriously, I sound like a dinosaur when I burp.
- I don’t like cucumbers or lobster, but I’ll eat mostly anything else.
What do you think about my random facts? Leave me a comment below with a random fact about you.