Hellooooooo Friday! So another week has come and gone and we’ve made it to the weekend.
This weekend I have two really fun occasions to look forward to. One of my best friends has her baby shower on Saturday and then my cousin’s son just graduated from high school, so we’re having a big family gathering to celebrate his accomplishment. I have another run scheduled with my Moms Run This Town group this weekend too. So there’s a good amount of action on my agenda.
Being a born and bred Floridian, I’ve grown accustomed to the Summer heat, so I know how to make the most of it. One of the things I love to do is simply sit outside in my own backyard, just enjoying the warmth, on my adirondack chair, but here are some slightly more exciting tips on how to spend your summer. Hope you enjoy!
1. Watch a Baseball Game – Baseball happens to be my favorite sport, and my husband just so happens to be an ex-baseball player, so this time of year is pretty special to us. Whether we take in a game at Tropicana Field watching the Tampa Bay Rays, or just sitting at home on the couch watching them on TV, we really enjoy following the team.
2. Go Out for FroYo – Who doesn’t love FroYo on a hot Summer day? (lactose intolerant people excluded,unless you can find something that is dairy free). Any cold drink like this Functional Cold Brew™ or ice cream will be great for the summer months. This way, no one gets left out.
3. Boating – A big perk of living in Tampa Bay is that we have the ocean just minutes away. Combined with the fact that my parents live on a canal with a boat and ocean access means we are spoiled
rotten just slightly. We typically visit my parents every weekend, but only venture out on the water every so often. I imagine we’ll be taking the boat out this weekend while we’re there if the weather permits.
4. Pool Days – Since my daughter finally learned to swim, we have been spending almost every weekend at the community pool which is generally known to have all the pool barrier safety inspections required for the safety of the users. I’m not a sun worshipper by any means, but I appreciate getting out of the house from time to time and soaking up a little vitamin d. An hour at the pool allows for just the right amount of sun exposure – that’s after lubing up before heading out too. (I’m very careful to ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN.)
5. Early Morning Sunrise Runs – Notice I marked this “Early” When I say early, I mean it. One of my favorite things during the Summer months is catching the sunrise during an early morning run. Truthfully, it’s a necessity to get up super early to avoid the head from the sun, so watching the sunrise is just a perk. A perk, quite frankly, that I’ve learned to really appreciate getting up early for as an adult, instead of a drunk college kid stumbling home after an all nighter. Even better is getting up when I’m spending the weekend at the beach for a sunrise run along the water. Now that’s a favorite Summertime activity to blog about!
What’s your favorite Summertime activity?
Do you tend to run before sunrise or after during the Summer?