Hey ya’ll. Happy Friday! If you’re reading from the East coast… burrrrr. It’s cold. Even for us Floridians, it’s nippy. The low last night was in the 20’s here. <— that’s seriously cold for us. I even had to run my heater this week. I think it warms up into the 70’s by this weekend, so I guess I can suck it up for a few days. And since I have another race this weekend, I’m thrilled for the cooler temps. Before we know it, we will be forced to running before the sun comes up to escape the heat, so I really should keep my mouth shut about the cold. Anyways, today for the #FridayFive, we are talking about races to run in 2015. I’m super excited for a few in particular this year. So they’ll be the races that I’ll be listing below.
- Best Damn Race – I know I’m an ambassador, but I truly think the racing experience is one of the best you’ll experience. If you like smaller races, with flat and fast courses, amazing on course support, fun finisher parties with free food and drinks, then this is definitely not a race for you to miss. Also, my discount code is still good to save $5 off registration.. HALEYD
- Athleta Iron Girl – The Bridges, the beach, the medal and the finisher party. It’s an all around fabulous day.
- Sarasota Half Marathon – Another gorgeous course over a big bridge with a beautiful view of the coastline. Add a huge finisher medal, and you’ve got a seriously awesome event. That could be why it’s sold out again.
- Richard’s Run for Life 5k – I’m not a big advocate of 5k’s, but this one really got me hooked big time. This nighttime race course takes participants through historic Ybor city and ends in the square with some of the most delicious food and drinks compliments of The Columbia restaurant (Florida’s oldest restaurant). This race doesn’t take place until November, so mark your calendars now!
- NYC Marathon – Okay, okay, this is a no brainer. Thousands of runners each year toe the start line at this race, but I’m super duper excited for this year’s event because it will be my first time. (happy dance) Any advice?
What’s a great race that you think shouldn’t be overlooked?
Have you ever ran any of these races on my list?