Ever been to a job interview and get the traditional “Where do you see yourself in five years?” question? You’ve made sure your resume is finely tuned using resources like https://www.arcresumes.com/local/north-carolina/, you’ve got the interview, you’re sitting down, and then here comes the 5 years question. So you’ve had it right?
Yeah, me too. Which is why today’s Friday Five topic got me scratching my head and contemplating just where I’d like to be in the year 2020. Be sure to link up with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for the Friday Five.
Five Years From Now…..
- I’m going to have two kids in school Rosalyn will almost be 9 years old and should be entering third grade and Harrison will be turning 6 years old and in Kindergarten. Just thinking about this makes me a little sad, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to it just a little. I can’t imagine what I’ll be able to do with my days when that time comes.
- I’d like to be working on my own business by this time. With the kids both in school, I may have the time and ability to work on my ultimate dream to own and operate my own little fitness/athletic studio. I won’t go into too much detail, but let’s just say that was the entire reason for me taking the NASM PT course two years ago.
- We will be celebrating 10 years of marriage. I’d like to think that my husband and I will still be going strong at the 10 year mark. Time seems to be flying past me at the minute. I remember going to Winnie Couture to pick up my dress like it was yesterday. To think, some of my readers may have only just got engaged and will click here to go on Winnie Couture in search of a dress of their own. Oh to be young again. I’d also like to think that we’d possibly be revisiting our honeymoon destination of Napa Valley for our 10 year anniversary. In fact, we have a bottle of wine (one of many that we purchased during our honeymoon) that we have designated specifically for our 10 year anniversary. It’s going to be perfectly aged by then and will be so delicious. It’s just time to find different things to do Napa Valley compared to our first visit!
- I will be a seasoned marathoner. I’m running NYC in November and the Disney Marathon in January, so I’m hoping after these two races that I will still have the desire to continue running long distance. I’ve got quite a long list of marathons on my bucket list, so I’m praying for the ability to cross some of them off.
- I want to be fitting in my wardrobe. Okay, this is pretty sad, but being that I have a closet FULL of clothes that fit me perfectly before getting pregnant, I’d rather just lose the baby weight and keep all those designer clothes right where they are. My hubby harps on me to get rid of them, but I’m pretty attached to some of them and can’t imagine purchasing new staples just because I haven’t lost the baby weight. My goal was to give myself a full year after weaning the baby (which still has yet to happen) before I start the elimination process. Truthfully, I wouldn’t wear most of those clothes now because I wear yoga pants most days, so I’m content to wait another year anyway.
What is something that you see yourself doing five years from now?
How long did it take you to lose the baby weight for good?